Statement of Ethics
These are the things we protect for ourselves and each other.
We are building Gunway to connect and grow the firearms & outdoor community. Gunway promotes openness and transparency by giving individuals the power to share and connect. This Statement of Ethics should be constrained only by the limits of law and technology. This Statement is the foundation of Gunway.
- Freedom to Share and Connect. People should have the freedom to share whatever information they want, in any medium and any format, and have the right to connect online with anyone - any person, organization, or service.
- Ownership and Control of Information. People should own their information. They should have the freedom to share it with anyone they want and take it with them anywhere they want, including removing it from Gunway. People should have the freedom to decide with whom they will share their information, and to set privacy controls to protect those choices. Those controls, however, are not capable of limiting how those who have received information may use it, particularly outside of Gunway.
- Free Flow of Information. People should have the freedom to access all of the information made available to them by others. People should also have beautiful, practical tools that make it easy, quick, and efficient to share and access this information.
- Fundamental Equality. Every person should have representation and access to distribution and information within Gunway.
- Fundamental Service. People should be able to use Gunway for free to establish a presence, connect with others, and share information with them. Every person should be able to use Gunway regardless of his or her level of participation or contribution.
- Transparency. Gunway should publicly make available information about its purpose, plans, policies, and operations.
- Unified Community. Gunway should transcend geographic and national boundaries and be available to everyone in the world.